Veggie Saver Bag System - All Natural
Share this Product
The Veggie Saver Bag Keeps Fruit, Veggies, & Greens Nutrient-Rich, Fresh & Crisp For 2 Weeks or MORE!
The Veggie Saver Bag
Remember when you told yourself you’d eat all the veggies you bought? Then a week flew by, and now they’ve all gone bad? We’re not judging; we’ve all been guilty of food waste. It’s just inevitable when produce goes bad within seven days!
Well, what if we told you there is a way to extend the life of your produce for 2+ weeks, save you $1,500 in food waste, and reduce your carbon footprint all at the same time?
The Veggie Saver Bag, an all-natural and plastic-free approach to waste reduction, is engineered to keep fruits, vegetables, and greens fresh for two weeks or more! Did we mention it’s biodegradable? The Veggie Saver Bag breaks the cycle of waste, from start to finish, by serving its purpose in your kitchen to fully decomposing at the end of its life.
Just like that, not a thing ends up in the landfill. That’s how you do zero-waste!
You could say The Veggie Saver Bag Bag is pretty revolutionary for the zero-waste movement.
"The Veggie Saver Bag Saves The Average Household $1,500 In Food Waste Over the Life of Each Bag!"
When each household wastes at least 30% of their food and the U.S alone loses $161 billion in food waste per year, we’d say it's a revolutionary solution!
The Veggie Saver Bag contains three layers of 100% natural, unbleached, and unseeded cotton with properties that lock in just enough moisture for freshness without suffocating your produce. This patented process works like nothing else because it allows air to pass through the veggies and greens to release naturally occurring ethylene gas, which causes produce to spoil.
You might ask, why not just use a plastic bag to mimic this process? For one, The Veggie Saver Bag contains zero traces of plastic and is fully biodegradable, whereas a single-use plastic bag takes 20 years to decompose. Not to mention, a plastic bag will only hold moisture in but isn’t breathable enough for the produce to release ethylene gas which in return, leaves you with a bunch of rotten veggies and greens!
- 15" wide x 10" tall when closed
How To Use The Veggie Saver Bag
There might be a slight learning curve your first time using your Veggie Saver Bag, but once you get the hang of it, it’ll feel like second nature.
1. First, give your Veggie Saver Bag a good wash by tossing it in the washing machine using cold water and hang to dry. Feel like this part is unnecessary? We get it, we’ve skipped the washing step in instructions before too! However, this step is essential for the utmost freshness of your produce so that the inner layer of the Veggie Saver Bag can plump up and dry to start working its moisture-locking magic.
2. Next, let’s prep your veggies. Start by rinsing your produce in cold water and either apple cider or white wine vinegar. We won’t get too scientific on you here, but the acidity in the vinegar kills any bacteria that could cause your produce to rot. If you have time, it’s best to let the produce soak in a mixture of water and vinegar for a few hours. Be sure to know which produce likes to be immersed in water and which one’s prefer a rinse. For example, fuzzy fruit like peaches only needs to be rinsed. Now, just chop the stalks off any produce that has them so that the moisture can be absorbed better.
3. Once you have your clean Veggie Saver Bag, wet the bag’s outer layer under the faucet and wring it out. Make sure the inner layer of the bag stays dry so that your Swag Bag isn’t holding too much water and loses its breathability. Excess moisture on the inside of the bag can cause your food to degrade quickly, so make sure to get only the outside wet!
4. Now, just add your veggies, fruit, or greens inside the bag! To avoid your vegetables affecting the smell of your fruits, we recommend using separate Veggie Saver Bags, which will keep your fridge nice and organized. Every few days, add some water to the outer layer of your bag to ensure the perfect amount of moisture for the freshest produce!
Environmental Benefits of The Veggie Saver Bag
Think of The Veggie Saver Bag as your best friend to fight climate change by reducing your carbon footprint. Roughly, 11% of all greenhouse gas emissions that come from the food industry could be eliminated if every household simply stopped wasting food.
On a consumer level, your individual actions matter more than you think. Food waste isn’t as simplistic as it sounds. Anytime we throw out food, it doesn’t just disappear. We’re also wasting the significant amounts of energy and water that it took to get the food into your fridge. Even more, if food waste ends up in our landfills, which it does, and it takes up 20% of all waste, it produces methane gas-- a greenhouse gas that is more potent than carbon dioxide.
You get the point. The Veggie Saver Bag is your friendly reminder that you have the power to make your kitchen a waste-free zone that the planet and your wallet will thank you for in return!
Every few weeks, throw your Veggie Saver Bag in the washing machine using cold water. To naturally sanitize every 4-5 washes, fill a glass spray bottle with vinegar and spritz your Veggie Saver Bag, and then use the extra rinse cycle to remove any residue.
These produce bag savers are nice. However, they really shrink die to being 100% cotton. Happens even when going by washing instructions.
I was so hopeful about this product and truly wasn't disappointed. Kept my kale super fresh for over a week (probably longer, but we ate it all up by day 9). Definitely will give some as gifts this year!
I wasn't sure about this at first until I tried it. It keeps my greens so much longer than in the package they come in. Works great!
It truly keeps your vegetables and fruits fresh for longer! Amazing quality and easy to clean. Been looking for an alternative to plastic and I won't be going back - this is the way to go!
I only have 1 so far, but it's kept my veggies amazingly fresh.
I have tried a few other reusable produce bags in the past with terrible results and had almost given up on the idea.
This bag is huge. It kept my spinach and lettuce fresh for 10 days! It didn't show any signs of wilting until 10 days in, which is remarkable. I am a believer.
I was raised wrapping produce in plastic to keep it fresh, we've been looking for a replacement and so far these are working really well! They're a little bulky, but are large and do the job, I will very likely order more!