About Our Packaging and Shipping Methods
Here at Zero Waste Outlet, we pack your order with love and pride! 🥰
Our process takes longer and costs a little more, but we think it is well worth the extra time and cost to protect our planet!
- We have a large selection of box sizes, so we can choose the smallest box for every order.
- Our method allows us to use multiple items as packing material, locking in everything, so your order is safe and secure during transit.
- If we have to use packing material, we use the least amount of it as possible!
Our Packing Materials are 100% Recyclable
- Cardboard boxes (we print them ourselves with water-based inks)
- Paper for wrapping or stuffing (mostly re-use paper from our vendors)
- Crinkled paper (keep in box for easier sorting at recycling plant)
- Paper based tape with no embedded fiberglass strands
- Recyclable paper stickers
- Packing slips and labels (not silicone-based adhesives)
How We Pack Your Order
Each order is mindfully packed according to the size and durability of the contents. Some products require bigger boxes or mailers to accommodate their shape or to protect them from damage. We use the smallest container possible to save on materials and shipping costs.
We will often wrap several items together in kraft paper and use paper stickers and/or jute twine to hold everything together during transport. This allows us to use less paper filler and adds a fun presentation style that is not available from big box stores.
Our unique packing methods are designed to reduce the amount of packing materials and to also protect the contents so they arrive undamaged.
Who We Use To Ship Your Order
We proudly ship all orders using USPS. Most orders are shipped the next business day.
There is an option for Priority Delivery (2-3 day delivery) available for an additional fee.
Why We Charge For Shipping
Shipping cost money, and instead of passing that cost to everyone, we offer a flat rate shipping charge of $6.50 for all orders under $60, and FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60.
This helps us get more out of the resources (fuel, labor, packing materials, etc.) that it takes to ship your order to you, without raising the prices on every product.
Customers with larger orders get the discounted shipping to encourage the best use of these costly shipping resources and reduce the carbon footprint of our orders.
See our store policies and shipping rate page for more info.
How Fast We Ship
We ship every weekday for pickup from the post office. Orders placed before midnight are shipped the following business day.